Thursday, January 6, 2011

Eight Years

Ryan and I met in high school during our Junior year.  His family had just moved into the area.  He intrigued me from the start but it was awhile before we started dating.  Then I broke up with him a couple of times.  By our senior year we had settled into a relationship and lived only a block away from each other.  After graduation he enlisted into the Army and I went to college.  That was difficult, but we loved each other and we both can be pretty stubborn.  We learned how to communicate through letters (actual written letters) and the occasional phone call with a phone card.  Not to date us, but those were the days before Skype and before everyone had a computer.

Four years later he had gotten out of the Army and moved to Kansas to go to college.  I graduated and moved to Kansas to end the long-distance part of our relationship.  We had to learn how to be around each other.  We knew how to communicate on the phone, how to communicate through letters, but we had to learn how to communicate in person again.  It wasn't easy but we decided we were in it for the long haul.  A year after I moved to Kansas we were engaged.

Eight years ago today we were married.

It hasn't been easy.  There have been days I wonder what I've done and have wanted to walk away, but I won't.  Ever.  He's the man I chose, the man I love, the one who knows all about me flaws and all.  We have been through so much together and have built a wonderful life together.

I'm so glad to have found him.  I'm so glad that I get to go through life with him.

Ryan,

Thank you for eight wonderful years and the many more to come.  Happy Anniversary!  I love you.

Always.
Regan





And in a lame moment.  Here are the lyrics to the first song we ever danced to.  They still hold true today.

George Strait- "I Cross My Heart

Our love is unconditional, we knew it from the start.
I see it in your eyes, you can feel it from my heart.
From here on after let's stay the way we are right now,
And share all the love and laughter
That a lifetime will allow.

 I cross my heart and promise to
Give all I've got to give to make all your dreams come true.
In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine.


You will always be the miracle that makes my life complete,
And as long as there's a breath in me, I'll make yours just as sweet.
As we look into the future, it's as far as we can see,
So let's make each tomorrow be the best that it can be.

I cross my heart and promise to
Give all I've got to give to make all your dreams come true.
In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine.

And if along the way we find a day it starts to storm,
You've got the promise of my love to keep you warm.
In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine,
A love as true as mine.

No comments: