Sunday, January 4, 2009

Frustrated Beyond Belief

I came home from work today and called Aric's new sitter, who is was supposed to start watching him tomorrow just to confirm the drop off time, etc. She informed me that she has decided not to watch him because she feels that she should watch someone full time not part time. Now I am sitter-less and scrambling. Thankfully, I was able to get tomorrow off, which gives me three days to find a new sitter for Aric. A sitter who would be able to start asap. And thankfully, Laura said she can watch Aric this coming Thursday and the following Monday. (Thanks Laura- you're the best!)

I'm a little stunned that the sitter couldn't extend any common courtesy to actually call me and let me know of her decision. At least I know what kind of person she truly is and I didn't have to leave my son with her.

If you see me in the next three days I'll be scrambling to find a reliable person to watch my son. And if you know anyone willing to watch him on Mondays and Thursdays, even on a temporary basis until I find a permanent solution, let me know.

3 comments:

Julie said...

once again - I vote me! Oh wait the 3 hour commute to drop him off probably wouldn't exactly make it worth it. And, oh I forgot, I have to work too. blah. I am so thankful my mom runs her own daycare.

Miss you! We need to try and get together next time I am up your way.

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I wish I could help out, but I work on those days. Dave Etter's wife does in-home daycare...however, I don't know is she has any openings. Just a thought. Have you tried the KSU childcare place???

I will be in the same shoes that you are pretty soon. I am NOT looking forward to it at all. I thought that I would do in-home daycare, but at this time with the pay raise I got with this new position I am not too sure now. Especially after watching Nate's two nephews today...AHHHH, I thought I was going to loose my mind.

I hope you are able to find something soon. I am sure that is really frustrating.

Anonymous said...

Gasp! What would she have done if you didn't call and just showed up the next day? Would she have turned you away? The nerve...

Any luck on finding a sitter?