Friday, January 16, 2009

Multi-Tasking

**UPDATE**
This is the tub that we have been using. Ryan was going to try to search today for something we can use for Aric.

**ORIGINAL ENTRY**
I have always been a huge multi-tasker. I need it in my job and it has always been helpful in my personal life. Until now...

Every night I give Aric a bath and let him play for awhile. He still uses an infant/toddler bath tub that I just set in the tub. While he is splashing water everywhere playing with his bath toys, I stay in the bathroom and wash my face, brush my teeth, etc. I didn't think it was a bad thing to do other things in the same room since I'm constantly watching him so he doesn't drown, until tonight. I was midway through flossing my teeth, leaning against the counter watching Aric at the time, when he decides to pull himself up on the side of the toddler tub and face plant into the actual tub. The whole thing was in slow-motion, but not more than a few seconds. I felt so bad as I scooped him up, checked for blood/injuries, and comforted him. Ryan came running up the stairs to check on us. Aric is fine, but I don't think I'll try to brush my teeth and wash my face while he's bathing anymore.

Which leads me to my dilemma... He's getting too big for the infant/toddler tub but just seems so small for the actual tub and the tub seems so slippery and huge. I haven't found anything yet that seems like it will work. I can't use another tub because he's pulling up now and Ryan will kill me if I stick those flower things in the bottom of the tub. (You know what I'm talking about.) Any ideas on what I can use to keep Aric safe in the big, wide tub? I've been to two Wal-Marts and one Target searching for an answer, but with no results yet.

3 comments:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Which tub do you have??? I got one at a babyshower for Kaden that grows with them. It comes with a "sling" type thing for infants, then you can put another piece to it that makes it more like a chair and they can't get out of it. You know what, let me see if I can find it online and I will let you know. It would probably be easier for you to see it then for me to explain it and you understand. I never got to use it in the toddler phase, but it seems like it would work. I'll get back to you.

Anonymous said...

We always used the blue chair that suctions the bottom of the tub, then they can sit and splash. Once they outgrew that, we found a mat (not flowers) that covered the entire bottom of the tub. They could pull up and have a grand ol' time without slipping.

Anonymous said...

We bought the Munchkin duck tub for Joshua at this age. It's a bit annoying because it takes up space but it was safe and easy and they sell it at Target. I didn't like the traditional sit up tubs because if they slouch in the chair it presses against their privates!