Sunday, September 28, 2008

Should I Mention...

**It took me all day to figure out those hyperlinks. I am so proud of myself (which probably makes me a huge nerd)!

**With a newfound perspective and a large amount of patience I was able to get Aric to breastfeed before bed. I approached it with the mindframe that I wouldn't fight him tonight.

I keep thinking about things I want to blog about and my list is expanding making it difficult to settle on just one subject.

Should I mention...

- A traffic light is being installed on my street. It may not seem too strange except I live on a rural road (You know- farms, cows, chickens). The traffic light is going up on the interstate exit, which no one ever uses unless they need to take a potty break. (No, there is no rest station. They use the side of the road and they aren't very discreet about it.) I'm not sure how that will work- will I be late for work because I was sitting at a red light all by myself? Am I allowed to run it if no one is around?

- Aric is currently on a nursing strike for his bedtime feeding. I think he is getting lazy because of bottle feeding and doesn't want to deal with working for his meal. I don't want to starve the kid and make him breastfeed, but I don't want to give in either. It's turning into quite the stressful situation for the both of us.

- Speaking of breastfeeding (because I know you want to keep hearing about it)- did anyone read the article on MSN about PETA wanting Ben & Jerry's to use breast milk instead of cow's milk to make ice cream? Yuck! I wouldn't want to be a consumer or a producer.

- Sometimes when I think about Aric, I think of the name Rudy instead of Aric. Rudy is my brother, who happens to be in his last year of college. I have experienced such name confusion with Aric. It all started with our last minute name changing the day before he was born. If we are ever blessed with another baby, I will not refer to the baby by a name while the baby is in utero. It becomes too confusing if there is a last minute name change.

-I think I'm going bald. I know I'm not, but it sure feels like it. I'm losing all of my pregnancy hair. When I brush my hair it comes out in clumps. I'm beginning to think I might not have any hair left when it's all said and done.

-Has anyone read Audrey Caroline's blog? What an amazing, strong, and godly woman! Angie's story has really touched my heart and made me want to reevaluate some areas in my life. More on that later...

-I use tearless baby shampoo as a cheap eye makeup remover, vinegar in the last rinse cycle as a fabric softener and the recipe/ratio for homemade laundry soap is: 1 bar soap (I use Ivory), grated; 1-1/2 c Borax; 1-1/2 c Arm & Hammer Washing Soda. (Sorry it took so long, Cristen. I know you asked for this in April. Thanks for the recipe, Kimberly).

...And that's about it, at least until I think of more things later.

No comments: