Friday, September 12, 2008

Thoughts Down South

My thoughts are in Texas tonight. I am a Texas girl through and through. I grew up in San Antonio and have been to Galveston Island several times on vacation. It is so crazy to see the pictures and news footage of areas where I have been completely overtaken by water. I pray that those people who stayed behind for various reasons are safe tonight as Ike goes through.

My thoughts are also with Ryan weathering the storm in Louisiana. I talked to him earlier tonight. He said it has been rainy and the wind is blowing hard, but he is safe. He jokes about doing his duty and keeping Kansas safe from Hurricanes, but I know he is tired and weary. He may not think he is doing much, but I am proud of him regardless.

I love you, Ryan. Come home soon.

No comments: