Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Head Hurts

Ryan made it to his destination this morning at 5am. (That’s 11 hours for a 386 mile trek.) He was nice enough to call me and make sure I was awake. (I’ve been having problems turning off my alarm clock in the morning and oversleeping. Last night I set my alarm clock and his. Good thing I did, too, because it was his alarm that finally rousted me from the bed.) He slept about three hours today and is still waiting around to see what he’ll be doing down there. They have orders until the 16th, not to say they won’t come home earlier or stay longer, but at least we have an idea of how long it might be. In good news they have apparently fixed the paperwork problem at his work. When he comes back he’ll have a job to go to, which is a huge relief!

I smashed my head into our wrought iron staircase tonight. I thought it was just going to be a nasty bump until I set Aric in a chair to put a sweatshirt on him and blood started dripping on him. (Thanks Laura for making sure I didn’t need stitches and for holding Aric while I cleaned myself up.) Laura did laugh at me because my first concern after making sure I didn’t need stitches was cleaning up the mess I made of Aric’s clothes. I guess I’ve turned into a Mom!

No comments: