Monday, May 4, 2009

A Scare and an Unexpected Ultrasound

Last night I discovered I was bleeding. It was very disconcerting and I immediately called the on-call OB. She told me to go in if it became worse, otherwise I was supposed to take it easy and call in the morning for an ultrasound appointment. Thankfully I already had the day off from work. I called this morning to make my appointment and met Ryan at the clinic this morning.

I have a minor placental abruption (the placenta separated from the uterine wall). The doctor said that it should heal over time and not be a concern. Apparently it just happens sometimes and they have no idea why. It's sill disconcerting, but since I'm not bleeding anymore or cramping at all I'm not going to stress over it. I will take it easy, though.

The baby is healthy and developing like she should be. Yes, it's a girl much to Ryan's dismay. Ryan, by the way, almost wrote a blog entry yesterday when he discovered everyone was voting for a girl in the poll. He wanted to know why everyone was out to get him.

3 comments:

Cristen said...

Aww, she's a cutie!! I think Ryan's going to love having a little girl around :) Eventually.

Kimberly said...

A girl!! How exciting for you two...although we could have used a less dramatic need for the ultrasound. I'm praying for you!

ginger said...

Read your comment @ MCK & wanted to let you know I will pray for the abruption to heal & for the rest of your pregnancy (& the baby!) to be healthy.