Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Quilt

I have spent the New Year enjoying my family, catching up on housework, preparing for a K-State Bowl game watching party, getting ready for an anniversary trip to Colorado, and sewing.  After a year, I finally made and finished Aric a quilt. 

It went from this:


To this:
 

It started out as a dinosaur quilt, but over the past six months I wondered if maybe the dinosaurs would be quickly outgrown.  Star Wars seemed like a better, longer-lasting choice.  I previously decided my first quilt top was not going well.  It was an ambitious pattern for a first time quilt.  After research, I decided a rag quilt might be a better project for me.  It was.


I even like how the all red back turned out.


Now all we have to do is turn the play room back into Aric's bedroom.  But that is a project for another day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is the pattern name for the blocks on your dinosaur quilt? I really like it and would like to use it! Thanks.