Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Grass is Mocking Me

I am sitting here looking at the 2.5 acres of grass in the yard and I think it is mocking me. It has done nothing but grow with all of the rain. The rain forecasted for the next week is not helping the matter. My lawn tractor sits up in the shed disassembled with its cracked piston as a reminder to why it cannot be used. My push mower is now missing the pull handle because the dog decided to use it as a chew toy this past week. And the self-propelled mower is on the front patio, but I have never really used it and it scares me a little. I am hoping for yard elves to come mow my yard similar to the shoemaker’s elves. I think I will see if one of my neighbors will mow my yard for a fee and if that does not work then maybe I can rent a lawn tractor somewhere.

No comments: