Sunday, December 19, 2010

Before and In Progress, Part 2

We were back at the new house this weekend working on getting it ready for move in.  We started with the kitchen:


The peach was horrible and I think the previous owners must have fried everything.  I'm going to have to work hard to clean the years of grease and grime off of the top and fronts of the cabinets.  That will have to wait until after we get moved in.


Kitchen in progress:


I chose a very deep, vibrant olive green.  I said earlier I was embracing colors and I really meant it.  I'm tired of picking a color and then using the color that is two shades lighter.  It makes everything pastel and I am tired of living in a pastel house.


Master bedroom before:


Master bedroom in progress:


I'm not too sure how I feel about having our bathroom sink actually in our bedroom, but I can't complain.  It'll be nice to have our own, private bathroom.


And a look at last weeks projects:


We bought Aric a "big boy" bed yesterday.  He's tired of his toddler bed and we are hoping that a new, bigger bed will entice him to stay there all night long.  Eventually when Kellyn needs her own "big girl" bed we will separate the bunk bed and use them as two twin beds.


Kellyn's room:


The hall bathroom:


Coming next week:


The living room.  Those high ceilings will definitely be a challenge, especially over the stairs.

2 comments:

maudie said...

Thanks for pics! So fun to see the changes and progress.

P.S. love the shower curtain!

Kimberly said...

It's looking great! So glad that you're enjoying making a house your home!