Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Slow Going

Ryan has called several times today. He calls when they are stopped for refueling (which takes about two hours). I feel so bad for him. They have traveled at a rate of 14mph today. It is 386 miles from their stopping point last night to their final destination. (He made me MapQuest this during one of his calls earlier.) At this rate they’ll never get there and they’ll never get home.

Ryan has had the privilege to get to know his driving mates better over the past few days and they have gotten on his nerves. He has friends along on this trip; however, they are in a different vehicle. He is so tired and aggravated by his annoying driving mates that he didn’t have the energy to tease me with his sarcasm. Those of you who know Ryan will know how bad that is. He always has energy to be sarcastic and tease me. And in keeping with the traditions of his National Guard unit he has no clue what he will be doing when he finally reaches Louisiana.

And a BIG thanks to all of you who are helping me out by watching Aric. You have removed a massive amount of stress out of my life.

No comments: