Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Jumparoo and a Four Month Checkup

I found a gently used jumparoo on craigslist.com for Aric. How exciting for him to have a new toy to entertain him and strengthen his legs! We brought it home last night, washed it up and put Aric in it to try it out. He was so fascinated with the toys and activities. On the lowest setting his little legs are just a tad too short for him to jump in it (he can touch the ground with his tiptoes), but the way he’s growing I’m sure it won’t be too much longer.

I’m not holding my breath that Aric will want to use the jumparoo later today. We went to the doctor this morning for his four month checkup. (Four months- that’s hard to wrap my mind around!) Aric is doing so well. He’s 26” long and 15lbs 11-1/2 oz. Developmentally he’s ahead of his age and the doctor said he does an amazing job of holding his head up. We can also start Aric on solid foods whenever we want. We have everything we need to start him on rice cereal, but I think we might wait a couple of days. The downsides of the four month checkup were the immunizations that went along with the appointment. Right now he’s sleeping in his swing. I’m sure he’ll wake up soon for some comfort, food and Tylenol. Poor little guy, but he needs to have them done.


No comments: