Thursday, September 11, 2008

Melancholy

I sit here hoping Ryan might call again tonight. He is busy helping with hurricane refugees so the chances of that are slim. (I am thankful that he is busy and not sitting around with nothing to do.) It is difficult to go through each day when I am missing my best friend. I do not feel completely whole. We have been through separation before; six of our twelve years together has been long distance. We know what we need to do to keep communication open and our relationship thriving. However, it does not lessen how much I miss having him around to listen, to tease and to just be with me. I know even Aric misses him. You should see that little boy’s face light up when I hold the phone to his ear and let him hear his daddy. It makes my heart melt.

No comments: