Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day

Yesterday we labored more than expected.  It started out as a seemingly innocuous day.  We slept in woke up at the normal time by our two walking, talking alarm clocks. Decided that we would head to Best Buy, return home to mow the grass and later on grill out for dinner.  This is what happened:

*Before leaving for Best Buy I ask Ryan if we can go to Lowe's to get a specific light bulb that I needed and look to see if they had one kind of plant on sale.  He says yes. (The downfall of the day). 

*Head to Lowe's, where we wander around looking at fireplaces, snow blowers, light bulbs, tile, plants and, of course, riding lawn mowers (the kid's favorite part of any shopping trip to a home improvement store).

*I buy, said light bulbs, three plants, and saw a tile for our backsplash that I kind of liked.

*We go to Best Buy where Ryan sells back some video games while I sit on the floor in front of a gaming system letting Aric crash a car repeatedly.  He asks for help, which I am unable to provide because I don't game.  When Ryan is finished we wander around Best Buy and leave.

*We go home.  After measuring how big of a backsplash we have, Ryan sends me out to Home Depot.  Ryan mows.

*I go to Home Depot don't see anything I like and then return to Lowe's.  This time I have my color samples and decide I really like the backsplash.

*I return home, kids are eating, Ryan is mowing. I decide to weed eat and then work on putting the plants I bought into the garden.

*After the kids finish lunch we decide to head back to Lowe's and get the tile.  (thankfully Lowe's is only minutes away).

*We buy the tile.  Kids are satisfied because they "rode" tractors again.

*Return home, put the kids down for nap time.  We head out to plant the new plants.  We head back in.  Ryan goes downstairs to play a new video game.  I open a box of tile just to check it out.

*Go downstairs to ask Ryan to come up to answer one quick question.

*Spend the rest of the night installing and grouting tile.  Ryan never returns to his game after my "quick" question.  Ryan heads out with kids to pick up McDonald's for dinner because the kitchen is a mess.

*Did I mention I spent Friday evening and Saturday morning deep cleaning the kitchen?  Yeah, we like to do things backwards.




There is still another wall left to do, some touch up grouting, caulk and seal, and then put everything back and deep clean again.  Hopefully we will get it finished this week.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

How fun, Regan (well, to have it done soon, at least)! It looks great! I love the mosaic tile look.