Saturday, September 24, 2011

Bookmobile Failure

One of the kid's favorite activities is going to the library bookmobile on Wednesday nights.  It parks at a nearby grocery store and after dinner we take the kids to pick out movies and books.  Aric is always excited to climb aboard the bus and pick out items for the week.

This past Wednesday my mom and I took Aric and Kellyn to the bookmobile after dinner.  For some reason I wasn't paying attention as I was picking out books for the kids.  It wasn't until later that night that I read the title of one of the books we brought home:


I remember picking up the book, seeing the word "zoo", and opening the book to make sure it was short enough to hold their attention spans.  I, apparently, didn't read the title or notice the rear ends when I was flipping through the book.  I need to find better criteria for picking out books; criteria that includes actually reading them.

In case you have wondered, I have read the book to Aric several times.  He hasn't noticed that the book is about heinies, but he has asked if he can go to the zoo everytime I've read it to him.

No comments: