Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Get Out!

This isn't by any means my first pregnancy.  I know what to expect and I definitely know how long the 9th month can be.  Last night was a first...

Ryan and I were on the couch watching TV after Aric was down for the night.  I was curled up on my side right next to Ryan.  The baby had been moving and shifting around.  It wasn't a problem until she decided she really needed to stretch out.  She pushed both of her hands out on opposite sides of my pelvis, kicked out the top of my belly with both of her feet and proceeded to push her butt and back towards the front of my belly.  Ryan said it looked completely bizarre.  The way her back and butt were pushed out caused my belly to completely deform and look like I had a brick sitting inside of me.  I thought I was about to give birth Alien-style.  It was painful and nothing we did made her stop.  She wanted to stretch and stretch is what she did.  Ryan tried pushing back on her, which did nothing more than irritate her and cause her to keep pushing out.  I tried to straighten out and give her as much room as possible.  Eventually, thankfully, she decided she was done and nestled back down inside.  I hope to never go through that again.

Dear Baby #2-

Please consider this your eviction notice.  You have a little over 3-1/2 weeks to tie up loose ends, pack up your things and then you're out of there.  Use your time wisely.

Sincerely,
Your Mother

P.S.- We love you very much and are looking forward to meeting you soon.

No comments: