Friday, November 16, 2007

Things Are Looking Up

The past fifteen months have been extremely difficult. My family has gone through many hard times, and finally things seem to be looking up. My mother is doing really well and has beaten her cancer. My brother is healing, and while he still has a long road ahead and some major decisions, he is remarkably upbeat and his faith in God has deepened. My husband should be graduating from college in May, a full semester earlier than expected. I have a job, which is trying at times, but it’s good, stable and provides the security that we were so desperately lacking earlier this year.

…But the most exciting news of all… after the heartbreak of two miscarriages I am expecting a baby in June. The baby is doing really well. I have already had two ultrasounds and the baby’s heart was visibly beating at six weeks. By eight weeks the baby was growing as scheduled and we were able to hear its heartbeat as well as see it again. This baby really is a gift from God.

No comments: