Sunday, March 7, 2010

Genetics

I was born in Hawaii and lived there for the first few years of my life.  Due to the warm climate, the majority of the time I lived in diapers and didn't wear much else.  It wasn't much of a problem until we moved to Seattle during the winter.  My parents love to regale people with stories of their embarrassment when they picked me up from Sunday school.  I was always in only a diaper and my teachers apologetically handed them a pile of my clothes saying, "We tried to keep them on her".  My parents would then dress me out in the hallway while everyone walked by in their winter coats.  It would only seem fair that I would pass on those same genes to my child. 

It started a couple of weeks ago when Autumn handed me Aric's shirt one day when I picked him up from daycare.  He apparently took if off repeatedly during nap time until she finally gave up and let him leave it off.  Early this morning Ryan found Aric in bed unzipping his pajamas and trying to get out of them.  Later on Ryan checked on Aric after realizing how quiet he was and found Aric in the kitchen trying to remove his clothes again. 

Hopefully it's just a phase, but I'm sure my parents would think it was payback if Aric decided to strip in Sunday school tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just have to wistfully smile...

Dad