Monday, February 20, 2012

Things Heard Around Here

While leaving the movie theater after watching The Vow:

Ryan: I wouldn't do that for you.

Me: Yes you would and I know why.

Ryan: Why?

Me: We have a two year old and a three year old.  You wouldn't want to be stuck raising them all by yourself.

Ryan: Smiles

My sweet husband took me out on a date last night to celebrate my birthday a bit early since he has to work on my actual birthday.  He told me we could do anything I wanted.  I chose to go see The Vow.  We sat in the back of the theater (because it was full) and held hands through the entire movie.  I know I was smiling the entire time.  I don't often get to see a "chick flick" or hold hands with my husband through an entire movie.  Holding his hand reminded me of our "younger days" when life was so much simpler.

Afterwards we ate at a Japanese restaurant where they cook your food in front of you on the grill.  It was fun to go some place we don't normally go with two little kids and be different for a night.  The food was also amazing.  Since it was still early we wandered around Best Buy after dinner before we returned home to share a Boston Cream Pie with the kids and our friends who offered to babysit for us.

Thank you for such a fun night, Ryan.  I love you.

1 comment:

Cristen said...

Awww :) we saw that movie as well this weekend. I don't think Eddie was too into it, but he looked pretty weepy at the end ;) Glad you guys had a wonderful date night!