Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Army and Snakes

We went to the Army Recruiter’s office the other day. Ryan talked with a recruiter about going back into Active Duty. Ryan has a huge to do list now and some paperwork to turn into his National Guard unit to get released. It’s going to take time- a lot of it, but we’re starting the process. Right now it just seems to be the best option for us and I can’t say that either one of us is upset by it. We both grew up as Army brats so it’s a life that we are very familiar with and one that we think would be good for our family. By the end of the year our lives could look completely different!

The other day Ryan asked me if I wanted to see something gross. I’m always unsure of what it could be when he says something like that, but I reluctantly followed him outside. There is a three to four foot long snake skin hanging from a tree right next to our upstairs porch. I’d take a picture of it but I’d rather not get that close to it. I grew up in Texas so I know the best kind of snake is a dead snake. I’m very aware that snakes are all over the place, but I would rather not see signs that they exist. I am seriously hoping that snakes don’t shed their skins in trees. I’m hoping that the wind blew that snake skin into the tree. Otherwise there is a snake that is bigger than three to four feet hanging out in my tree.

No comments: