Sunday, July 13, 2008

Back to Church

This morning we went to church. It has been far too long since we've attended. We kind of quit going to church at the end of the year for a couple of reasons. The first being that my schedule at work has me working every Sunday from 7-3 and the second was that we weren't happy with the direction that the church we were attending was taking. I had gone a couple of times to a new church with a Saturday night service, but due to Ryan's work and school schedule I was attending by myself. It became harder for me to attend the more worn out I became in the pregnancy and I really wasn't up to deciding if I liked this church without Ryan's input, so attending church fell by the wayside, sad to say. After Aric was born Ryan and I discussed going to this new church to decide if we liked it or if we needed to look elsewhere. Today was the first morning that we went. I must say it felt good to be there even if I did have to take someone to the cry room in the middle of the service. We have a couple more Sundays before I go back to work to attend and then we'll switch to the Saturday night service. We did meet some friends at church this morning and went out to lunch with them afterwards. It was nice to get out with and enjoy adult company. We've holed up in our house too long by ourselves.

Ryan has taken to calling Aric "Wheezy." The name actually fits. Aric makes the weirdest noises when he's sleeping and when he's waking up. In the middle of a church service they can be embarrassing. It's pretty cute, though. We're finding so much about him as he gets older and more alert:

-I've seen him roll over so I know he can do it. We have to be really careful where we set him now.

-He is getting pretty good about holding his head up. It won't be long before he can do it on his own.

-Milk comes out his nose. That one is kind of gross. I'm hoping he's not one of those people who can thread a noodle through their mouth and nose.

-He smiled yesterday at Ryan in response to Ryan's smile. I'm kind of jealous that it wasn't at me since I'm the one who is home taking care of him all day long.

No comments: