Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cleared to Resume Normal Activities

I’m sitting here listening to Aric cry. Poor little guy, but he really doesn’t want anything from me. He is in a phase (at least I hope it’s a phase) where he likes to cry between 5pm and 10pm. (At least it’s not 10pm to 5am as my Dr. mentioned today.) It’s just hard listening to him cry it out. I might try to take him on a walk in a little bit.

A bit of fun news- Aric is smiling more and more these days. It is so nice to see that little smile because it just lights up his whole face. We have also started putting him in front of a mirror. It’s so cute to see him smile at his reflection. Too bad I haven’t been able to catch any of this on camera.

Today I went to the Dr. for my six week checkup. I’m cleared to resume normal activities. I’m a little bit excited about that because I’d like to exercise again and get back into shape. How did I celebrate? I mowed the grass. It wore me out. I haven’t done that much physical activity for the past 10 months. It definitely made me feel that I have a long way to go before I am anywhere close to the shape that I used to be in.

My appointment today made me realize that my maternity leave is ending too soon. I have to return to work a week from this coming Friday. I know Aric will be in great hands while I’m at work, but the thought of not being there for him is really difficult to come to terms with.

Speaking of being there for him…. I think we might try to go on that walk now.

No comments: