Thursday, July 17, 2008

Unexpected Blessings

Today I feel blessed and reminded of how amazing God is. It was a day of the unexpected for us.

My sister-in-law left this morning and I was sad to see her go. She was just here for an overnight trip and it was nice to spend time hanging out with her. We have never had the opportunity to bond like this and I am glad that we were able to. She cleaned, cooked and held Aric. She even left us today with dinner in the CrockPot. I’m not sure if she realizes how much she helped out, but I am so thankful for her. I’m glad that she was able to make the trip to meet Aric and we’ll definitely have to visit them sometime soon.

I left the house today to run some errands feeling happy from the visit with my sister-in-law and just feeling blessed by all that she had done for us. I went on post to run some errands and ended up at the PX. I was in the shoe department looking at some running shoes when a couple came up to me and started talking to me about Aric. They handed me some cash, told me it was something they periodically did for families, said “God bless you” and walked away before I could say anything. I was a little shocked and overwhelmed by the generosity of strangers.

My husband called this afternoon and I relayed the story. He was shocked by my story and proceeded to tell me why he had called. Apparently HR messed up when they processed his paperwork and they’ve been paying him $2.00 an hour less than what they are supposed to pay him. His future paychecks should reflect this change and next month he should receive the back pay. Neither one of us was expecting this.

I’m just awed by the things God does to remind us that He is there taking care of us.

No comments: