Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Toast to My Brother

I remember when I was eight and my parents took us out on a canoe ride to tell us that they were expecting Rudy.  My only thought was, "you took us out on a canoe to tell us this?"

When Rudy was a baby, Ryan and I wished he would start talking; only to wish he would quit once he started.

I have a lifetime of memories of tormenting Rudy; repeatedly tying his arms up in his sweatshirt, getting him to tell on himself and helping Ryan to persuade him that the Lion King video would self-destruct after the 25th viewing.  Ir's a good thing Rudy forgives and forgets easily.

But in all seriousness it has been a joy watching Rudy come over to the dark side during the last few years, especially since he was so adamant he would never become a boring adult like the rest of us.

Rudy, you couldn't have picked a better person to share your life with.  I wish you both a lifetime of happiness.  And, Rudy, you were worth the canoe ride.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Regan, that is a lovely toast. Congratulations to Rudy and Jenn!