Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fishing

While we were in Minnesota on our boat ride Aric asked my aunt if she would take him fishing.  Not really thinking I said, "you would have more luck if you asked Papa to take you fishing."  Aric latched onto my statement and would not let go.  Knowing that we were soon heading to my parent's house I simply called my dad and asked if he would take Aric fishing.  My dad loves to fish and I figured he wouldn't mind.  Thankfully I was right.

While we were visiting Aric and Papa went fishing together.  I was hoping and praying for Aric to catch a fish.  He didn't catch just one fish, he caught five fish.


Aric was excited about his successful fishing trip.  For the next few days he carried around a copy of these pictures in his pocket to show anyone and everyone who would stop for a second to look.


Near the end of our trip they went fishing again.  Ryan and Kellyn went along.  Aric caught another five fish, and Kellyn, she caught one of her own.


Ryan and I are almost scared to take the kids fishing now that we've returned home.  We would hate to disappoint them if the fish in Kansas don't bite as well as they do in DC.

No comments: