Sunday, August 28, 2011

Christmas in August

This Christmas Ryan and I decided that our gift to each other would be a king size bed.  Ryan has wanted one for a long time and I would have to agree with his decision.  We frequently find one or more kids sneaking in during the wee hours of the morning to sleep in bed with us.  A queen size bed was quickly becoming too small.  Neither Ryan nor I felt that we needed to be banished to one of the kid's twin beds in search of a restful night.

Last weekend we drove to Nebraska Furniture Mart and found a bed and mattress.  They were delivered yesterday morning.  While the bed now takes up most of the room, Ryan and I are excited about having more room to spread out and sleep.


What happened to our queen bed?  Well, we moved that down to our guest bedroom.  All we had down there was a queen-size air mattress and I hated making guests sleep on it.  Last weekend I finally got around to painting the guest bedroom and turned it into more than just the junk room that it was quickly becoming.  I am pretty pleased with the results and look forward to having guests.

Before:

After:

The Crown Royal quilt and Kansas State wall hanging were made by Ryan's grandmother.  We used the quilt on our bed during the first few years of our marriage. 

 

We like that the room is spacious and there are defined areas we can designate for the office and bed.


We had planned on painting the accent wall purple and have a Kansas State theme in the guest room.  The beige paint was used because I still have so much leftover from the living area downstairs.  I still have another full gallon and a half left, but I'm quickly running out of things to paint.

No comments: