Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Aunt

This beautiful lady is my aunt Jill.  She and I have always shared a special bond.  My mom was pregnant with me when she was Jill's maid of honor.  I was born on Jill's birthday.  Every year we race to see who can call first and wish the other a happy birthday.  Coming full circle, Jill was my maid of honor when I got married.


Jill is the kind of aunt who lavished us with her time and creativity.  One of my favorite memories is when Jill made Ryan and I a hospital tent out of sheets in her backyard.  She used strips of old sheets for bandages.  Then she poured ketchup on her arm and came out to have us bandage her up. 

She showers the same amount of time and creativity on my children.  We stayed with her and my uncle Glenn while we were in Minnesota this summer.  Jill made the kids an extravagant cardboard house (I'm sorry I didn't take pictures of it) and a butcher paper road for Aric's cars (we still have and use the road).  The kids lapped up all of the extra attention.

Jill had no problem calling out my brother, Rudy, when I told her I was a bit perturbed that he ignored me at the wedding.  She went right up to him and told him he needed to give me some of his time.  If not for her I would've let him ignore me and then yelled at him later.


Jill and Glenn helped Ryan and I chase Aric and Kellyn around the boat.  I'm sure they (Jill and Glenn not Aric and Kellyn) were worn out at the end of the evening.


With three stories of boat and two precocious kids it was a lot of work and we were thankful to have the extra help.


Jill will always hold a special place in my heart.  I am thankful to have her in my life.

No comments: