Friday, June 5, 2009

Healed

Yesterday I had my follow-up/20 week ultrasound to check up on the baby and the abruption. The tech could find no sign of the abruption. The pocket of blood is gone and the placenta is attached to the uterine wall again. We prayed for healing and it was amazing to see the answer to that prayer. The baby is healthy and doing really well in there. She is also still a girl.

I've had many emotions going through me since we found out about the abruption. Frankly, I was scared to death that I was going to lose this baby, too. I was detached from her for awhile, because I didn't want to go through the loss of another child. It's too hard to remain detached from someone who is kicking and wiggling around inside of you, though. Yesterday, I fell in love with her.

The tech asked Ryan and I if we planned to come back for a 3D ultrasound. (They installed the machine shortly before Aric was born. We never had the opportunity to see him with a 3D ultrasound.) I told her that we hadn't talked about it. The truth is that we think there are better ways to spend that money on the baby (i.e.- cloth diapers and a crib), and we don't want Aric upset with us someday about not getting a 3D ultrasound of him. (Are we already thinking like parents of more than one child?) I digress. The point is that the tech flipped over into 3D mode and we were able to see our daughter's face. She is beautiful and I fell in love. (I should clarify- she is beautiful until she moves and then it looks like her skin is melting off. 3D ultrasounds can give you some weird moments.)

I really can't wait to meet her...


Oh and if you didn't notice the countdown, my due date has moved up. They think she's due the 17th, which is more on schedule with the dates I was given to decide when to have her. We were thinking Thursday, maybe Monday would be better!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Regan, You are just too sweet! This is such wonderful news. :)

Cristen said...

I'm so glad you guys got to see her in 3D for a minute!! That's really all you get for all that money anyhow - some cute face shots.. so you got a heck of a deal. And yes - there are some weird moments when they get moving! Glad everything went well :)

carrie said...

Loved this post.