Monday, June 15, 2009

Sick Again

Aric is sick again and Mommy is a little bit annoyed. Not at Aric, of course. How could you be annoyed with someone who looks this pathetic?

A week ago today we suspected that Aric might have an ear infection. I took him to the doctor, who confirmed it, gave us some antibiotics and told me that Aric should be improved within 48 hours. By Thursday Aric was still not feeling well and was still holding his ears. I called the doctor's office and spoke to the nurse about it. Contrary to what the doctor said, she told me that sometimes it takes awhile for the antibiotic to kick in and if he was still not feeling well by the beginning of the week to call in again.

This morning Aric seemed fine. I dropped him off at daycare and by 10:30 Autumn had called to tell me we needed to get Aric because his temperature was 101.9. Ryan picked him up and took him to the doctor this afternoon. She gave us a different antibiotic to try and said he still had an ear infection.

I'm annoyed with the nurse. Had she made an appointment on Thursday to have Aric seen again the doctor would've been able to tell that Aric's ear infection was not healing and we might not have reached this point. I guess they need better communication in that doctor's office.

**Note- This is in no way a bad post about nurses. I know and am related to too many nurses to believe they are incapable. I'm more annoyed that the nurse and doctor at Aric's office weren't on the same page as far as when he should be brought back in. And maybe that was partly my fault for not pushing more last Thursday when I called.

No comments: