Saturday, June 6, 2009

Catching Up

Aric started walking on Thursday. He's only walking a couple of steps and still leans towards crawling. Ryan is thrilled that Aric learned to walk before he turned 1. It will only be a matter of time before he wants to walk all of the time. Now that I think about it, it will only be a matter of time before he's running everywhere.

The last two days I watched a coworker's 9 yo daughter. I am so thankful that we are given infants who nap before we are given 9 year olds. She wore me out with her constant need to be entertained. I went back to work today and feel as though I didn't have the past two days off. It was truly an exhausting time.

I received news from my work this past week regarding my request to work part time after I have the baby. They denied the request based on not wanting to set a precedent. Never mind that there have been three prior employees who have set the precedent. Frankly it has made me a little bitter with my employer. I have witnessed first hand how they are more concerned about themselves rather than their employees. With this news comes big changes. My supervisor offered me a time slot of Thurs-Sun 6pm- 4am. Ryan and I have decided to accept it. It will be hard for awhile, but it will allow me to stay home during the week and for us to reach a position of financial stability. Then I will be able to quit or find something better suited to our schedules. I haven't told my supervisor yet about my decision, Ryan thinks she needs to sweat it out a bit. Honestly I don't know when the change will start. It'll be sometime before the end of the year, but there is a possibility that it might happen before I have the baby.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Doesn't want to set a precedent". Wow. I'd like to say I'm surprised. (shakes head in disgust).