Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What a Week..

I think of weeks in relation to my days off. It may only seem like Wednesday night, but to me it's Friday.

I started off the week feeling tired from watching that 9 yo last week. She was good, but needed constant entertaining. Never again- I keep saying to myself. I just started this past work week off too tired and feeling too behind in everything.

About a week ago we found out my in-laws were coming for a visit. They'll be here tomorrow night and plan on staying until Sunday. It's not a long visit and I certainly won't mind seeing them, however, it has sent Ryan and me into overdrive trying to get things done. The guest bedroom was full of junk from our newly cleaned out and repainted family room. There was no a/c set up in the guest bedroom and last week the weather was hot. Ryan worked hard on setting up one of our portable units in the room and putting away the junk. Of course it cooled off this week and the highest forecasted temp is 83. We also decided now was the time to re-caulk the bathtub. No, we don't do that for all the company that comes for a visit. The caulk was pulling away and cracking and really needed resealing. I wasn't happy doing it at the time, but as a friend pointed out now I won't have to do that closer to my due date or after the baby is born. I still have laundry to do, bathrooms to clean, floors to sweep and mop and all before tomorrow night. Tonight I'm too tired to attack any of that.

In the midst of all of that, Aric came down with an ear infection. I took him to the doctor on Monday. He's on antibiotics, but still isn't back to his normal, happy self. It's a shame that he became ill this week since it is his birthday week.

One year ago tonight, Ryan and I were trying to figure out what name to give Aric, since the name we had picked out wasn't going to work. One year ago tonight I was making sure my bag was ready for the next morning. One year ago tonight I was anxious to meet the babe growing in my belly. It's hard to believe that it's been a year already.

Tomorrow we have a fun day planned. Hopefully the weather will hold and we won't be rained out. A first birthday is a big deal...

No comments: