Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sleep-Deprivation and Plumbing Woes

I have not slept a full night through during the past week. For some reason Aric has been waking up several times every night. I'm really not sure what his problem is. I keep checking his mouth to see if he's getting more teeth, but no sign yet. He has slept alot in our bed because I'm so tired I fall asleep while he's eating. I really feel like I am going through the motions of my day right now since I'm sleep-deprived again. Hopefully whatever is going on will calm down soon. I'm not sure if it's a growth-spurt/hunger issue, because every time he wakes up he'll eat and then fall back asleep. It's amazing how a full night's sleep is easily taken for granted.

Thank you for all of your suggestions for our bath situation. Right now finding a solution is on hold for a bit, because our plumbing is on the fritz. (It's a long story about a failed lateral field and a full septic tank. I'll spare you the details.) Until we get the plumbing back in order, Aric's bathtub will have to work. At least we can throw the bath water out into the yard when we use the toddler tub. Last night I sat on the floor right next to Aric while he played in the baby bath. He pulled up on the side, turned around in the tub, and splashed till his heart's content. Sitting right next to him will have to be my solution until we can actually put water down the drain again.

2 comments:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

First of all, I couldn't find that tub I was talking about, but found some cool things like a tub ring.

Next, my first thought was teething as well. Does he have a little fever or acting different during the day as well? Do you think he could be getting an ear infection??? I don't know, just a thought. I have heard of children having a hard time sleeping when they have an ear infection. I hope you guys start getting some sleep soon. I so understand where you are coming from though.

Carmen said...

Hope you are getting a chance to feel more rested these days!

Thanks again for lunch last week...we enjoyed the company and the food!