Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cabin Fever

Our house has been overflowing with cabin fever lately.  Today was the first day we've been out of the house for awhile.  It was quite nice to get out even if we still had to bundle up and trudge through the snow and ice. 

Most of this week we've been stuck at home while workers have painted our basement.  It looks quite nice with some color on the walls.  Ryan and I have planned to have a couple of accent walls, but decided it would just be easier to have the contractor paint all of the walls with the beige we planned to use in the majority of the room.




I'm hoping this weekend to be able to work on some of the accent walls, especially the one behind the TV.  It just seems smarter to paint the wall before we put the wall mount back up.

Tonight we have to clean out our kitchen cabinets.  Tomorrow they're planning on ripping out the cabinets and the rest of the vinyl flooring.  Monday and Tuesday I have the tile installers scheduled to install our new kitchen floor.  Hopefully by the end of the week we'll have new cabinets and counter tops installed and our kitchen back in working order.  I am ready for this project to be finished.  I really don't like having strangers traipsing in and out of my home.

Today they only did a small amount of priming in the laundry room and then left for the day.  The kids and I took the opportunity to sneak out for awhile.  Aric got a much needed haircut, I ran some errands and enjoyed the freedom of being away from the house.  I already feel better for it.

I leave you with some evidence of our cabin fever:







No comments: