Monday, October 5, 2009

Just One of Those Days...

Last night I stayed home "sick" from work.  I wasn't sick per se other than I ended up pulling a muscle in my hip and lower back while walking downstairs.  That's what I call "too pregnant".  The day before I pulled a muscle in my belly from rolling over in bed, which I thought was bad, until I hurt my back.  I knew 10 hours sitting all night was not going to help anything.  I decided it would be best to call in sick and get some sleep and rest.  After 10 hours of sleep, I feel much better.  I can still feel the pulled muscle, but at least I'm able to function with it.


This photo is from yesterday, when I was injured and "feeling too pregnant".
And the white peeking out of my shirt is my belly brace, because, yes, I've reached that point.

Aric has been in a destructive mood today.  He wants to play with anything and everything and spread it all around the house.  Anything and everything isn't easy for me to clean up in my current state.  We allow him access to a couple of cabinets and drawers in the kitchen, and he likes to spread around the items that occupy those cabinets.  Today I saw him walk across the dining room holding a jar candle.  Apparently there are still items in the cabinets that are not childproof.  I came up behind him to grab the candle out of his hands only to make it in time to watch him throw the candle on the floor.  Glass went everywhere, but I was right there to scoop him up before he could react.

I stuck him in his high chair with some crayons and paper and proceeded to clean up the mess.  To my annoyance I remembered our dust pan is missing, which we discovered at the end of last week.  Thankfully we have a shop vac in the house.  I vacuumed the glass and then pulled our other vacuum out to finish cleaning the floor, while Aric sat happily playing with eating his crayons.  Yes, I said eating.  I looked over while I was cleaning and he was chowing down on a green crayon as if I hadn't fed him lunch.  I think that might've been the last straw.

I cleaned him up, put him in the car and went to the store, where I proceeded to buy more cabinet latches and a dust pan.  I don't know why eating crayons tipped me over, but I decided I need less chaos in my life.  Today my version of less chaos is putting cabinet latches on all of the cabinets.  I'm just tired of cleaning up the mess he makes in the kitchen, and with a new baby almost here I had visions of two of them making twice the mess.  Add in hormones and pregnant woman grouchiness and visions of two little ones terrorizing the house was more than I could handle.

Aric is currently napping, the kitchen has more cabinet latches and Mommy is in a much better mood!


Photo taken on a day when he wasn't destroying the house.

No comments: