Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Update

This week has definitely been interesting and full of change to say the least.  Sunday night into Monday morning, I didn't really sleep.  I think I was too aware of surgery, meeting our daughter, and everything else that was going to happen in the morning. 

On Monday I was tired and cranky, but trying not to be.  We were at the hospital by 5:30am and I was hooked up to the fetal monitor and prepped for surgery.  My friend, Laura, watched Aric in the morning to free up my mom to be our photographer with us during Kellyn's delivery. 

The c-section went well.  Ryan sat down and held my hand, rather than watch the operation like last time.  I think he wanted to watch, however, the anesthesiologist told him to sit and stay out of her way.  Kellyn was born 11 minutes into the surgery.
Monday actually went really well.  We enjoyed holding and cherishing our daughter.  Monday night I sent Ryan home to get some sleep and I sent Kellyn off to the nursery so I could sleep.  Or so I thought...

Monday night into Tuesday was the worst. The nursery nurses instead of caring for Kellyn brought her to me several times during the night, negating my purpose for sending her to the nursery.  I was up the majority of the night with a gassy, fussy baby.  To make it worse, because of a misunderstanding with my night nurse I wasn't brought any pain medication.  I was miserable having spent the whole night climbing in and out of bed caring for my daughter by myself.

Last night Ryan stayed with me and helped out.  The night went much better and I feel much better because of it.  I'll be here at least until tomorrow, but I don't feel like I've faced setbacks this morning unlike yesterday morning.

Kellyn is two ounces heavier and one inch shorter than Aric was.  Our little chipmunk:



She has less hair than Aric was born with, but she still has hair.  It's a lighter brown and already appears to be curly.  It will be interesting to see how it grows. Hopefully for Aric's her sake it will be curly, eliminating any hostility towards her curly haired brother.



Aric is doing well.  He's having a blast with his Nana.  I'm sure he's been spoiled and loved.  I miss my little boy, but I know he's well taken care of.

All in all we're doing well.  We're thankful for our healthy, full term daughter and all she is bringing to our family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh doesn't that nursery thing make you crazy. Here in GJ you are required to have someone come stay with you and the baby stays in your room and your person helps you with the baby. They only use the nursery for baby checks. I guess they forget that a C-Section is major surgery. I'm glad your doing better she is just to cute- so is Aric- I love his hair.
Jen