Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Enjoying Simple Things

I try to not beat myself up as a mother.  I know that I'm busy and I try to make the most of the time that I have with Aric.  It's hard, though, because sometimes I feel we live a somewhat sheltered life out in the country.  We could go to many places and activities, but my pregnancy and it's ensuing complications really kept us homebound and away from variety.  Because of this, I sometimes feel that Aric misses out on quite a bit in life that others may take for granted or just have been exposed to long ago.

What am I not beating myself up over?



...balloons.  Yes, balloons.  Today when Aric came to my hospital room with Nana for a visit we gave him his first balloon.  The balloon was actually for Kellyn, but since she is not even aware of anything six inches from her face and I'm sure putting a balloon within six inches of her face would just freak her out, we decided Kellyn wouldn't mind sharing with her brother.  The result...



...he loved them.  He was a little perplexed by it since it didn't quite act like a ball, but I think that just added to the fun.  It warmed my heart watching him run around my hospital room chasing a balloon and throwing it at us.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't "beat" yourself up. Keira was about 2 1/2 before she got to experience a balloon & Kaitlyn was almnost 4. I taught CPR class for our hospital & was always having to teach about choking hazards. My poor kids were "bubble babies" as my friends called them since I was so over protective! (goes to show what too much info will do to you huh--hee hee) So far they have turned out great. I'm all for have somewhat sheltered kids these days. I have finally lightened up a lot- much to Kaitlyn's delight.
Jen