Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hilarity Ensues

Ryan, Aric and I were all in Aric’s room this evening. I was sitting on the floor stain-treating Aric’s clothes while Ryan was getting Aric ready for his bath on the changing table. Ryan pulled Aric’s diaper off and turned towards me to comment on how messy it was. As Ryan looks back, Aric pees in a perfect stream directly into his own face and open mouth. Ryan starts laughing so hard he doubles over. I tell Ryan to at least clean off Aric’s face. Aric starts screaming. Bath time gets moved up to right then.

Ryan brings Aric to the bathtub and I grab the spray nozzle to clean Aric’s behind off before setting him in the tub. I forgot that it takes a moment for the water to warm up and end up spraying ice cold water on Aric’s butt. He screams louder.

We get him calmed down and into his bathtub with warm water. As I start to wash him, Aric again feels the need to pee. I pick Aric up and ask Ryan to dump the water out of the tub. Ryan turns over the tub not realizing that the spray nozzle is in the tub filling it up. The nozzle flips over and shoots water all over the bathroom.

This whole event took less than five minutes. It’s great to be parents!

No comments: