Thursday, October 30, 2008

Lead Foot, Ladybugs and a Little Bit More

My day started off well (Please insert sarcasm here.). I was on my way to work, wondering if we were going to have another mass invasion of lady bugs today, when I noticed flashing lights in my rearview mirror. Yes, I got pulled over for speeding and admittedly I was speeding. I was so carried away by my ladybug daydreams that I forgot to set my cruise control. The officer who pulled me over was the one officer who would issue a speeding ticket to his own mother. Amazingly enough he gave me a written warning and I'm not even sure that he knew I was his coworker. (Please note I did not cry, mention where I worked or try any other antics to get out of a ticket.) I may not have received a ticket, but I still had to show up to work and face humiliation from my fellow dispatchers. That right there should be reason enough to escape ticket free.

Speaking of the ladybugs- Ryan came home yesterday after work and vacuumed up the lady bugs. What a chore. By the time he came home they had scattered all over our upstairs. I was proactive and closed the bedroom doors, which kept the intruder levels to a minimum in those rooms. Ryan sprayed the outside of our house with bug killer and left the vacuum upstairs. I have a feeling we'll be eliminating lady bugs for quite awhile!

I forgot to mention last week that they have finished construction on the bridge and removed the traffic light. Sweet freedom!

Thank you everyone who voted for Kaden and Angel Ava's mommy and for passing the word along. They won the furniture contest and Kaden will soon have a new bedroom!

Now for some funny Aric anecdotes:

-Yesterday Aric and I were in the Commissary. I had him in the baby bjorn facing out. For the most part he grabbed my jacket sleeves and hung on for dear life. Occasionally he grabbed the handle of the shopping cart. At the checkout lane, I moved away from the cart so an employee could help me unload my groceries. As I stepped away Aric reached out, grabbed a bag of M&M's and held on for dear life. I had to pry his little fingers off of the bag. I hope this isn't a glimpse of what is to come.

-Last night Aric and I were sitting on the floor petting the cat. After awhile the cat started attacking my hand, which is a usual response from this particular cat. Aric grabbed the cat's hind leg and started laughing. He's going to be a mischievous little boy, isn't he?

-Aric mastered rolling over from back to belly, but somewhere along the line forgot he can roll from belly to back. This has caused a large amount of frustration on his part when he finds himself on his belly and doesn't want to be there. This morning he was in his crib while I was getting ready. I could hear him talking to himself, but didn't go check on him since he wasn't fussing. I finished getting ready and decided to check on him before I went downstairs. Poor little guy. He was facedown in his crib, crosswise with his two little feet stuck through the crib bars. I think he was just about to the point of frustration. He'll have to remember he can roll over on his back and learn to not stick his feet out of the crib bars!

No comments: