Sunday, October 19, 2008

Catching Up

I had two whole hours to myself yesterday after work. What did I want to do with that time? Sleep! What did I actually do? I primed the new wall in the guest bedroom, folded diapers, made dinner, and washed dishes. How exciting.

What happened to the instruction manual that came with Aric? Did I misplace it somewhere? We're trying to figure out this solid food thing. So far I have him eating rice cereal at his evening meal. When do I start switching to other cereals and foods? How much do I give him? When should he start eating solids at other meals? Just as I think I have things figured out a curve is thrown at me.

I cut my hair off a little over a week ago. (I'll have to get Ryan to take some pictures.) I took Aric with me to the appointment. He spent the entire time sitting in his bouncy chair watching it happen. Afterwards, he would not smile at me. He wouldn't smile until finally I spoke to him. It's weird that one haircut would cause him to lose his mommy.

Remember that traffic light on my road? It was installed for road construction. Thankfully they installed sensors, so the wait at the light is minimal. The construction seems to be moving at a snail's pace, though. I think the light will be there for awhile.

And finally, do me a favor. If you ever call the police and they ask for the location of the crime don't say "At my home.". I'm not a mind reader. I don't know your home address!

No comments: