Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Veteran's Days

It all started with a turkey.  Aric's class read the story, 'Twas the Night before Thanksgiving.  Aric had to bring in a turkey in some sort of disguise.  The only requirement was that we needed to use things around the house.  We weren't allowed to purchase anything for the turkey.


At first we had planned on using camoflage to turn the turkey into a hunter, but Aric quickly changed his mind and wanted an Army turkey.

Last Monday Aric brought home something for Ryan from school.


Ryan seemed touched and a bit embarrassed by their appreciation.

Their thankfulness didn't end there.  The kids had another school project to make a pilgrim and find something to be thankful for.  Aric's teacher told me to check them out while I was at Aric's school last week.


Notice the similarities between Ryan and Aric's turkey.  I love kindergarten spelling.

One of Aric's classmates was thankful for Ryan, too.


I think it's great that Ryan will stand in front of a tank to keep all of us safe.

This week Aric is Star of the Week in his class.  Ryan, Kellyn and I are supposed to go in on Friday to visit the class.  I told Ryan he should keep his uniform on, because all of the kids will be really impressed by it.  I'll let you know how it goes!


No comments: