Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Saying Goodbye to the Ice Cream

My last two days off went nothing like I planned for them to go. After a rather difficult week at work, and spending the last month of days off trying to get things painted, or off traipsing around I envisioned two days of being able to relax and do nothing more strenuous than the laundry. Somehow it didn’t work out that way.

On Tuesday I planned to run a couple of errands and then go to my 28 week checkup and take my glucose tolerance test. I spent the morning trying to relax, because I kept getting Braxton-Hicks contractions. I then went off to the mall to have my tennis bracelet and ring inspected at the jewelry store for their six month inspection. (Back story- both pieces are under warranty as long as I have them checked every six months. Last May my husband took my bracelet in because I had lost a diamond. I had forgotten to have it inspected in time and we had to buy a new diamond. After he yelled at me and told me not to do that again I have made sure to write down on the calendar when I need to have my jewelry inspections done by. I remember taking in both pieces somewhere around last October.) They inspected everything and discovered that the bracelet has a loose chipped stone. They also discovered that whoever inspected my jewelry in October didn’t document it properly and I have to pay for this diamond too. I was too tired to argue with them and just told them to have it sent in for an estimate. It was beyond frustrating and makes me never want to go back to that store again. I did specifically ask them what documentation I needed to get to insure that this doesn’t happen in the future. Well, after that fiasco I went off to my checkup. The doctor said that I seem fine and the baby seems fine. I had to wait around extra for the glucose test, which I failed. The lab tech set up another test for me to take the following day.

On Wednesday I went in at 8am to take my 3 hour glucose test. I brought my cross-stitch to work on since I was stuck in the lab for 3 hours. It made the time pass by quickly and I felt productive. Unfortunately I failed my glucose test again. I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, which isn’t the end of the world for me or the baby. I do have to cut out all sugar and meet with a dietician soon. I’ll miss my nightly bowl of ice cream, but the baby is the most important thing and I’ll do what I have to do to keep him healthy. That pretty much just wiped me out. Of course I picked this afternoon to do our taxes and that just finished me for the rest of the day. I’m kind of ready just to go to bed and start fresh with another day!!

No comments: