Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Blessings

I feel blessed today. So many things have happened today and I have been able to see God’s hand in everything.

Not too long ago I told my parents how I was feeling a little overwhelmed by the things that we still needed to buy in preparation for the baby in three months. (Three months can you believe it?) My husband is graduating from college in May and has been in school off and on for the past seven years. We have no idea what direction God will take us. We might be moving or we might be staying. Life is a little unknown right now and I am trying not to worry about it because God knows that we have a baby arriving in June and this is all part of His plan. However, a part of me still gets concerned when I think about all of the things one needs for a baby and all of the expenses that come with finding a job and finishing the last semester of college. I had a great talk with my mom yesterday. She told me not to worry because God always comes through with what you need.

This morning I was getting ready to leave when my phone rang. It was my husband’s sister-in-law. She asked if I could use their play yard. She said it was blue and white checked, has the bassinet attachment and was hardly ever used. Her youngest is five. Never in a million years would I dream she had any baby gear that we might be able to use. She’s sending it with my mother-in-law so we should get it sometime shortly after the baby is born. My sister-in-law also asked if we had picked out a car seat and told me that she would like to get us the car seat. I have thought a lot lately about what we needed and had decided that we should buy some of the big ticket items over the next three months so that we weren’t in the last month of pregnancy scrambling to buy expensive items that we didn't have. I was planning on purchasing the car seat this month and the play yard next month. Now I don’t have to worry about either one.

The weather is still cold here with random days of warmer temperatures. Even though it is cold outside my work for some reason in the last couple of weeks has become miserably hot inside. Either that or my temperature is running a lot warmer. Most of my maternity clothes are long sleeve and all of them are getting to be too small. Today a friend of mine brought me some of her maternity clothes which included five short sleeve/summer weight shirts, two pairs of capris and a couple pairs of shorts and lounge pants. A couple of months ago these clothes would have been way too big for me, but the way I’m carrying this baby these clothes will be perfect to wear over the next three months as I get even larger and the weather gets warmer.

I have also had some glimpses into ways that God will continue to provide for and bless us over the next couple of months. I won't mention those yet, because some of them are still in the works and affect other people.

It has been such a great day!

No comments: