Sunday, July 31, 2011

U2

Last week at this time we were driving home from Minnesota.  It was an insane whirlwind of a trip, not something that we normally plan.  A while ago we had purchased U2 tickets and we were still determined to go even though Ryan's work schedule changed.  U2 is one of Ryan's all-time favorite bands.  When we were in a long-distance relationship, he in Germany and I in Korea, I wandered around Seoul listening to U2 feeling close to Ryan.  After I moved to Kansas, Ryan and I were able to go to our first U2 concert in Kansas City.  We had such a good time.  To me U2 is a reminder of the earlier days of our relationship when life was simpler.  We had only faced time,distance, parents (I say that in a lovingly way) and curfews and had no inkling of what was to come; heartbreak, house payments, more separation and kids.

We left for the concert six hours ahead of time because we were told we would need to just to be able to find a parking space.  It was three hours too early.  We wandered around for awhile, sat in McDonald's playing on our Blackberries, took tried to take a nap in the car in the parking garage, ate dinner in the worst Chipotle ever, bought our concert t-shirts early, bought the kids souvenirs, and walked around the stadium for hours.

We had such a good time together watching the concert even though it poured cold, hard rain on us and we knew we had to leave early by 10:30 to go pick up the kids, pack up the car and head back to Kansas. 






Given all that we had to go through last week because of the concert and driving all night long, I had a great time with my husband and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

No comments: