Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Slip 'N Slide

On Sunday during church while someone was reciting the entire book of Philippians from memory Ryan was letting his mind wander and concluded that what our children needed to beat the heat was a slip 'n slide.  This epiphany would never have come to me, because I didn't grow up with a slip 'n slide and didn't know what we were missing out on.  After church we headed over to Toys R Us to wander through the toy aisles and see what they had to offer.  Their outdoor summer water offerings were pretty sparse but lo and behold they had a Cars slip 'n slide.  Perfect since both of our kids like Cars.

I went out for the afternoon, while Ryan set it up after nap time and took the kids out for their first taste of slip 'n slide fun.


At first they weren't really sure what to do with it.


Aric tried to slide down it, but doesn't quite weigh enough to propel himself down the entire length.


Kellyn just wanted to play with the pool of water at the end.


Ryan set up the slide at the beginning hoping to give them a better chance to slide down it.



It didn't work out that much better for Kellyn.

Then I came home and changed into my swimsuit as fast as humanly possible.  Never mind that we had a dinner guest who was about to show up, I wasn't going to miss out on my first chance down a slip 'n slide.


I, apparently, made a rookie mistake and didn't completely wet myself before going down the slide.  I scraped up my knees from the friction.


It didn't stop me from going down again with the kids.


Poor Aric still never made it down the entire length. We decided next weekend that we'll take it outside the fence to the small hill we have that way we can allow gravity to take over.

No comments: