Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Unexpected, But Not Unappreciated.

Yesterday our driveway got fixed. We have a 1/4 mile long gravel driveway. The last time it was rocked was probably somewhere around 9 years ago. It was in sad shape. The last two years, the driveway really got torn up in the weather. Huge potholes and a large gully up by our parking pad. The gully was so bad that we had to be careful how we pulled out of the driveway or we would scrape bottom. And if you have ever been to our house, you probably have!

Ryan got a quote earlier this summer to have the driveway fixed. When he called the contractor to let him know we wanted to proceed with the repairs, he was told it would be awhile. Ryan was going to call this month to remind the contractor to put us on the schedule. In fact, Ryan was going to call yesterday...

I was up in Aric's room, sorting through stuff for the baby and chatting on the phone with my mom. When I hung up I realized it sounded like someone was mowing our grass. Which was odd since Ryan was at work. I looked out Aric's window and saw someone in a bobcat tearing up our driveway. Apparently yesterday was the day and someone neglected to tell us. I'm not complaining, though. It worked out since I wasn't planning on going anywhere and it was my day off, therefore, I wasn't trying to sleep.

The driveway looks wonderful, or as wonderful as a gravel driveway can look. No more potholes and no more gully. It kind of feels like Christmas!

No comments: