Wednesday, August 26, 2009

32 Weeks

Today brings a sigh of relief. Only because should the baby be born anytime after today the likelihood is high that she would be able to be treated at the nearby hospital. Things seem to be going well, though. She is showing no signs of arriving early at this point in time.

-The baby is very active. She keeps me awake overnight sometimes with her acrobatic moves.

-The pain from the abruption is very diminished. It bothers me sometimes rather than constantly everyday. I don't necessarily believe that the abruption is healed, I'm just not aware of it all the time anymore.

-Sleep is a luxury that is oftentimes hard to come by. Whether it be heartburn, a dancing baby, an uncomfortably large belly, an incessant need to use the bathroom, or a certain 14 month old, I'm not getting much sleep.

-Oddly enough, I still feel like I sleep my life away. I have been napping when Aric naps, which ultimately means I don't get much done. Thankfully I have a patient, understanding husband who picks up the slack for me.

Tomorrow I have another appointment with the OB. It'll be the first time that I have seen him since my last ultrasound. We'll probably discuss the large baby among many other questions and concerns I've been storing up.

Today, though, I'm just thankful that we've reached this point.

No comments: