Saturday, August 8, 2009

Adjusting to Change

The one thing I love about my new schedule is having three (technically four) days at home with Aric and not having to send him to daycare everyday. Aric is thriving under the new amount of attention and I have more time to concentrate on working with him to eat/try solid foods. Hopefully we get somewhere with that. Especially since he is getting to the point where he doesn't like to be fed anymore and yet not at the point where feeding himself with a spoon is an option.

Other than that, my new schedule is rather difficult to get used to. I had problems sleeping the first day. I slept better today which was probably more from exhaustion than anything else. Ryan, thankfully, hung more blankets over our bedroom window and made our room darker today. It helped and I was able to get some more sleep. The good thing is that I don't hear a peep out of Ryan and Aric when I'm sleeping. That is incredibly amazing given that Aric loves to squeal, laugh and shriek for no apparent reason. The A/C unit in our room makes a substantial amount of white noise. We'll have to think of a different solution when fall arrives and we no longer need the A/C.

I am doing well, otherwise, and the baby seems to be doing well. I still have pain in my side, which occasionally concerns me. I have my ultrasound on Tuesday morning to check on the status of everything. I must say I'm a little nervous about everything since I still have pain in the abruption area. Hopefully we'll hear good news on Tuesday.

Ryan and I decided that I probably should not take on the grocery shopping by myself anymore. I feel as though a little bit of my freedom is vanishing, but I know it's only temporary and for the good of the baby. (That sounds misleading like I really enjoy grocery shopping.) I took Aric to the grocery store on Thursday morning like I normally do. When I was unloading the groceries from my cart to the check-out line I started having contractions from the exertion. Contractions are not something I need to be causing at this point in my pregnancy. They did stop, but by the time I got home, unloaded the car and put the groceries away I was exhausted. Ryan and I will just have to find time to go together and get the shopping done.

No comments: