Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Randomness

-I had another dietician appointment today. They still love that I eat so healthy, but they’re still concerned about my glucose levels. The levels are on the edge. They put in a call to my doctor to see if he would like me to take insulin. I haven’t heard anything back yet, but he was delivering twins this morning, so I imagine he’s pretty busy.

-I tried to take a nap today, but the baby had other ideas. He thought my nap time was a fabulous time to try out some new dance moves. It’s rather difficult to sleep when a baby is dancing in your belly. I guess I should be thankful that he doesn’t try out dance moves every night at bed time.

-For the most part I think I have Spring cleaned my house. I still have a couple of things more to do, but I feel that the house is the cleanest it has been in years. I accomplished this just in time for all of the company that is supposed to arrive this month.

-I started making homemade laundry detergent awhile ago. I received the recipe from a girlfriend and thought it was fairly easy to make. I love that it has no extra dyes, scents or any other additives that companies feel like throwing in. It is gentle enough to use for baby laundry, which was a huge reason for me to give it a try, but it is strong enough to clean all sorts of soiled clothes. Today I went to the Laundromat because I had a huge amount of comforters and blankets that I needed to wash. Instead of bringing along my homemade detergent I grabbed the box of Tide that has been sitting on our shelf for who knows how long. I must say that I love the homemade detergent so much more than store bought detergent, especially after I was blasted by the overpowering scent of Mountain Fresh Tide.

-I have slowly been childproofing our house. No, I am not being an overprotective parent who wants the house childproofed the moment the baby comes home from the hospital. I have a friend arriving in two weeks to spend three days with us and she is bringing along her 1 year old son. I have been getting the house ready for him. I have been putting on cabinet latches at the rate of about 1 per day. This has irritated my husband when he tries to open a cabinet and finds an obstacle. Won’t he be mad tonight when he finds out I got ambitious and finished the rest of the cabinets!!

-Speaking of my husband, I’ll be glad after this Saturday. He is taking an 8 hour engineering exam on Saturday and has spent the last three weeks going to review classes to prepare for it in addition to maintaining his regular classes. I haven’t really seen him too much. It will be nice to have him home for dinner again and to get more than 20 minutes of his time right before he crashes into bed.

No comments: