Thursday, November 7, 2013

Go State

On Saturday we went to our first football game of the season.  We usually stay home; Ryan watches the game and I sew while the kids play.  We have some wonderful friends who invited us to join their tailgate.  They even procured extra tickets for us, allowing Ryan and the kids to go inside and watch the game.  I neglected to take any photos of their "party bus", but I think I had the best seat in the house.  The bus is clean, has a bathroom, food, no crowds, and four TVs allowing anyone to watch the game from inside or outside of the bus.  I'll watch a game like that any time.

On the way to the game, Ryan allowed the kids to bring some Halloween candy as a snack.  If you are ever driving down the road and you hear, "I'm going to pretend a tissue is a napkin.", turn around and look.


We could not have asked for a better day or better friends to share the day with.  They always make us feel welcome and our children are genuinely loved.


Ryan and I were able to sneak off and see the new stadium.  It was quite impressive.  We returned to find our children sitting in the middle of the parking lot eating cake for lunch.



I've already been informed by several sources that it's my job to make sure the kids eat healthy, while it's other people's job to make sure the kids have fun. 

Ryan and Aric watched half of the game inside the stadium.  They had a pretty good view.


Kellyn watched the game day activities and part of the first quarter and then she was done.


There's no better place to act like a wildcat than inside stadium.

We left at the end of the third quarter.  We wanted to beat the traffic and get the kids back home. 


It was a fun day, and it made me glad to not live there anymore and deal with game days.

No comments: