Thursday, March 1, 2012

32B and The Story of My Glasses

On Sunday I turned 33 32B.  Ryan had to work all day, but I had some wonderful friends who surprised me with lunch, ice cream and a wonderful time of fellowship.  The rest of my day was an exciting time of napping and enjoying the unseasonably warm weather outside with the kids.


My sweet husband made sure I had a beautiful bouquet of flowers on my birthday from him the kids.


I truly felt loved and appreciated by my family and friends who went out of their way to make my birthday special.

You may have noticed that I am wearing glasses in the picture.  It's kind of weird to be wearing glasses again, but they have helped me with the eye strain I was experiencing and I feel relief when I wear them. Sadly, I admit I'm wearing bifocals.  I was having problems reading things up close and far away.  All of the sewing wasn't helping either.  The eye doctor told me I have one eye that is nearsighted and one that is farsighted.  The only help for me is bifocals.  Thankfully they make them in the line-less variety so the general public doesn't know I'm wearing bifocals.  Except for the fact that I just told on myself.

I was self conscious when I first got them.  I felt like I was in sixth grade again and getting made fun of for having four eyes.  A month later I know how much they help me and I don't care what other people think because I can see better and my eyes no longer hurt.  Maybe someday I'll go back to wearing contacts, but for now I'm alright with the glasses.

No comments: